This year, Effective Spend was named to the Inc 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the nation. As an integral member of our Los Angeles team, you’ll learn the most, improve the fastest, accomplish more, and have a ton of fun doing it! Come see why we’ve been named one of the best places to work & advance your career with our fast-growing LA team.
Effective Spend is hiring a Digital Public Relations Strategist to join our innovative and growing SEO team. We are looking for a savvy communications professional who can use their experience with PR and media relations to secure high-quality press coverage for clients that also result in backlinks from high authority websites. The ideal candidate for this role will be comfortable working with a wide variety of clients (i.e. SaaS/tech, B2B, e-commerce brands, etc.) and forming/managing relationships with contacts across an assortment of industries.
The ideal candidate is an excellent writer, relationship builder, project manager, and life-long learner. Experience working in public relations, pitching online publications, and building relationships with digital media contacts is a must. Familiarity with SEO and/or a strong interest in expanding their SEO knowledge and skills is a major plus.
- Owning PR and link building strategies across your accounts; from goal setting to strategy ideation to execution.
- Working closely with each member of your client team to make sure your PR and link building strategies align with the overall SEO goals of the account and that any cross-functional deliverables (i.e. blog posts, on-page content, creative assets) that you need for pitching or link building have been clearly communicated and planned for.
- Executing proactive pitching and tactical link building efforts for key accounts on a weekly basis
- Creating highly targeted media lists for pitching and link building outreach. This includes researching opportunities and contacts at leading digital publications, as well as other businesses, nonprofit organizations, universities, government agencies, etc.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with media and other content producers to secure high authority links and high-quality press coverage for clients.
- Writing content for both on-page and off-page purposes; this includes writing creative, thoughtful and tailored pitches, creating press materials (press releases, media alerts, etc.), writing guest articles, drafting keyword-driven blog posts, etc.
- Communicating with clients on a regular basis and coordinating all digital PR requests for said clients (managing press requests, scheduling interviews, etc.).
- Assisting with monthly SEO reporting (analyzing press coverage and backlinks using SEO metrics and KPIs).
- Monitoring and responding to journalist queries on platforms like HARO.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- At least 1 year of experience working in public relations, communications, content marketing, and/or SEO is required.
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, advertising or communications; or relevant experience through school and/or internships
- Agency experience is strongly preferred.
- Proficient with common PR platforms (e.g. Cision, HARO, etc.).
- Excellent writing skills, applicable to both long and short-form content pieces, pitching, drafting press materials, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to effectively build and manage relationships with clients, media, bloggers, etc.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and high attention to detail.
- Familiar with Google Analytics or other website reporting tools and able to extract meaningful insights from data analysis.
- SEO experience, particularly with link building, is a strong plus but not required.
- Familiar with SEO platforms is a plus (e.g. MOZ, WebCEO, Ahrefs, Majestic, SEM Rush).
Why Effective Spend?
For the last two years in a row, Effective Spend has been named to the Inc 5000 and Austin FAST50 lists of the fastest growing private companies. With fast growth comes real opportunities for quick promotion as you master new areas of digital marketing.
We’re also proud to have been recognized on the Austin Business Journal and BuiltIn Austin lists of the Best Places to Work in Austin. As an integral member of this team, you’ll learn the most, improve the fastest, accomplish more, and have a ton of fun doing it!
Here are some of the ways we support an awesome company culture:
- Medical, dental and vision healthcare plans
- 401k with company matching
- Competitive paid time off
- Additional PTO for volunteering, flexible holidays, birthdays and summer Fridays
- Bonuses for employee and client referrals
- Healthy snacks, fruit, fresh-ground coffee and cold brew on tap
- Office in close proximity to Culver Landing
Learn more about our Company Culture & Benefits