This year, Effective Spend was named to the Inc 5000 and Austin FAST 50 lists of the fastest-growing companies. As an integral member of this team, you’ll learn the most, improve the fastest, accomplish more, and have a ton of fun doing it! Come see why the Austin Business Journal has recognized us as a Top 10 Best Places to Work and BuiltIn ATX named us one of the Best Small Companies to Work for.
Our company is growing fast, and we’re looking for a Business Development Specialist to help lead our growth in new clientele.
This role is a unique opportunity to grow your competency in digital marketing while applying your proven skills in sales, marketing analytics, and client relationship development. You’ll manage the entire new business process, including lead development, strategy pitching, and new client onboarding.
While the ideal applicant has already gained some experience in Google Ads, Facebook Ads or other digital marketing channels, we will provide advanced training so you can learn industry best practices and master the technology tools and analytical skills that have helped us deliver superior digital marketing services to our clients. You will grow your expertise and work in multiple different digital channels, including Google, Facebook, Amazon, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Screening and assessing the opportunity of inbound leads
- Interfacing with prospective clients
- Nurturing leads into qualified prospects
- Performing in-depth analyses of potential clients’ marketing campaigns to identify gaps in performance and best practices
- Developing new strategy ideas for sales presentations
- Collaborating with key internal stakeholders on pitch deliverables and working closely with the sales manager to develop deck storylines
- Presenting sales proposals to clients
- Manage the onboarding experience to ensure that new clients are set up for long-term success. This includes working hands-on with the internal teams to establish goals and reporting, document all pertinent information and successfully transition client communication and relationship to the account team. Attend and represent the agency at local networking events to generate new business leads
WHAT WE’D LIKE TO SEE
- Experience in a digital agency environment, ideally in business development, client services, or strategy.
- A comprehensive understanding of client business goals and strategic imperatives and the ability to help the pitch team develop strategic deliverables including written and creative assignments that represent the client’s needs.
- Experience creating written business development proposals and marketing materials.
- The ability to actively manage relationships with prospective clients from the initial conversation through the close.
- Passion for digital and the desire to keep up with the latest digital trends.
- 1+ years of Sales Development experience.
- Great communication skills both internally and externally.
- Digital media selling experience preferred
- Very organized – able to manage a high volume of daily outbound emails and calls to targeted accounts
- Independent and self-sufficient. You are resourceful and have great attention to detail.
- Extremely flexible – able to tackle anything that comes your way.
- Process unqualified inquiries to pre-qualified opportunities
- Provide exceptional customer service to inbound inquiries
Effective Spend is proud to have been recognized on BuiltIn.com and the Austin Business Journal’s lists of the Best Places to Work in Austin.
Here are some of the ways we support an awesome company culture:
- Competitive paid time off
- Additional volunteer PTO days
- Medical, dental and vision healthcare plans
- 401k with company matching
- Bonuses for employee and client referrals
- Fun team outings and social sports like soccer, cornhole, and kickball
- Foosball, chess, and other games in the office for a quick break
- Great office location within walking distance of the hike and bike trail and numerous coffee shops and lunch spots
- Snacks, fresh fruit, drinks and plenty of fresh-ground coffee
Learn more about our Company Culture & Benefits
How to Apply:
Please send us your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining your interest and related qualifications. Your cover letter is an opportunity to show off your writing skills, highlight your relevant experience, and prove your attention to detail. So show us what you’ve got! We look forward to hearing from you.