Effective Spend is looking for a data analyst with experience in tracking and reporting digital marketing analytics. We are looking for a highly motivated individual that is excited by new opportunities and the potential to have a large impact. The ideal candidate is highly analytical, detail-oriented, organized, and professional with the desire to take ownership of multiple projects simultaneously. The Digital Marketing Analytics Specialist will work with our PPC and SEO departments to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our client services teams.
The Marketing Analyst will join our Business Intelligence team – a team that re-imagined our data analytics from the ground up. We started with web tracking and attribution, then moved into reporting automation (SQL and Power BI), and are now driving a shift from descriptive reporting to actionable and insightful dashboarding.
Our team is also frontline in detecting anomalies in key performance metrics that alert account managers for intervention. These initiatives directly impact almost every aspect of our company and are critical to driving our continued growth.
- Google Analytics – Dig into the data presented in GA and understand what is happening with a website. Using segmented traffic and historical analysis to forecast goals, overall knowledge of data available in GA for analysis by our SEM and SEO teams for reporting.
- CRM/Offline Data Integration – Work with clients to understand their CRM/Sales process (Hubspot, Salesforce, etc), how data flows through the system, key data fields, and how we can better understand Lead Quality / Revenue from our Lead Generation initiatives.
- Communicating Problems and Solutions to Clients and Internal Teams – Not only will you be digging into the data to troubleshoot issues, but you’ll also be using the information you find to educate clients and internal PPC and SEO teams on the problems and solutions you’ve identified.
- Marketing Analytics Leader – This individual will ultimately grow into a go-to person for anything Google Analytics, CRM Analytics, Tracking, and Data. Through working on wide-ranging projects for numerous clients, this individual will build a knowledge base that they can use to strategize with clients and internal teams, then execute efficiently.
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, MIS, Business, Communications or other relevant fields of study.
- 1+ years of experience in an analytical marketing role focused on metrics.
- Excellent mathematical, problem solving, analytical ability, and a highly data-driven mindset.
- Hands-on experience with Google Analytics and PPC/SEO Campaigns.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced knowledge of Excel formulas, Pivot Tables, and Macros.
- Google Ads or Analytics certification is a plus.
- Experience with SQL is also a plus.
Why Effective Spend?
For the last two years in a row, Effective Spend has been named to the Inc 5000 and Austin FAST50 lists of the fastest growing private companies. We’re also proud to have been recognized on the Austin Business Journal and BuiltIn Austin lists of the Best Places to Work in Austin. Here are some of the ways we support an awesome company culture:
- Competitive paid time off
- Additional volunteer PTO
- Medical, dental, and vision healthcare plans
- 401k with company matching
- Bonuses for employee and client referrals
- When we’re back in the office:
- Fun team outings and social sports like soccer, cornhole, and kickball
- Foosball, chess, and other games in the office for a quick break
- Great office location within walking distance of the hike and bike trail and numerous coffee shops and lunch spots
- Snacks, fresh fruit, drinks, and plenty of fresh-ground coffee