Join the Effective Spend Team
Join a team of true digital marketing experts at a company that was named a Top 10 Best Places to Work by the Austin Business Journal!
Effective Spend is looking for a Public Relations professional to join our innovative SEO + Digital PR team. The ideal candidate is a superb writer with hands-on experience with media relations, successfully pitching to leading online publications and building relationships with digital media contacts.
This isn’t your mother’s PR. Unlike traditional public relations, our unique approach integrates SEO best practices and focuses on key online metrics that showcase the ROI of PR efforts.
The PR Account Executive will have the opportunity to expand our growing Digital PR department as well as work closely with a team of digital marketers who specialize in SEO, content, and paid media advertising.
- Strategize, map out, and execute digital PR plans for clients
- Research media contacts at leading digital publications and pitch content. This person will create meaningful media relationships to secure high authority referral links for our clients
- Monitor and respond to journalist queries on platforms like HARO, Profnet, and PRSourceCode
- Research and pursue editorial calendar opportunities with identified media outlets
- Work with writing team to create high-quality written content to use on client websites, off-page public relations and link-building efforts
- Perform content audits of clients’ websites from both an on-page and off-page perspective to recommend impactful content optimizations and new content strategies to support PR
- Own the project management process, ensuring that you’re making progress on client deliverables and that clients stay updated on project status
- Analyze clients’ web analytics performance, write up performance analysis reports and present reports to clients and internal teams
- Work closely with Digital PR Manager and other team members to deliver best-in-class services and strategy to clients from a variety of verticals, such as travel, health and beauty, e-commerce, B2B software, and more.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- 2+ years of professional, full-time PR experience
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Writing or a related field
- Digital agency experience strongly preferred
- Proficient with PR platforms (e.g. Meltwater, Cision)
- SEO-focused PR experience is a plus, but not required
- Excellent writing skills, applicable to both long and short form content pieces
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to effectively build and manage relationships with clients, media and bloggers
- Familiar with Google Analytics or other website reporting tools and able to extract meaningful insights from data analysis
- Familiar with SEO platforms (e.g. MOZ, Ahrefs, WebCEO, Majestic, SEM Rush)
- Familiar with technical SEO concepts such as 301 redirects, canonicals, image compression, XML and sitemaps
Effective Spend is proud to be named a Top 10 Best Places to Work by the Austin Business Journal. Here are some of the ways we support an awesome company culture:
- Competitive paid time off
- Additional volunteer PTO
- Medical, dental and vision healthcare plans
- 401k with company matching
- Bonuses for employee and client referrals
- Fun team outings and social sports like soccer, cornhole, and kickball
- Foosball, chess, and other games in the office for a quick break
- Great office location within walking distance of the hike and bike trail and numerous coffee shops and lunch spots
- Snacks, fresh fruit, drinks and plenty of fresh-ground coffee
Read More About Our Company Culture
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest and related qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter is your opportunity to show off your writing skills, highlight your relevant experience and prove your attention to detail. So, show us what you’ve got! We look forward to hearing from you.